The Resilience Knowledge Exchange Series: 2020 in Retrospect
The COVID-19 Pandemic brought about multiple challenges that none of us were able to foresee. Aside from the great panic and risk, many people were put in uncomfortable positions when the world seemed to pause and turn quiet. Streets were empty, people lost their jobs, and vulnerable communities were put at an even greater risk. Moreover, one thing that did not stop were various natural calamities such as floods and typhoons, especially in the Philippines.
As an adaptive measure to the logistical limitations brought about by the COVID-19 Pandemic, RILHUB, together with its partners, decided to continue its capacity-building efforts through online and virtual means. Thus, the Resilience Knowledge Exchange Series was launched in June of 2020.
Since then, RILHUB was able to implement a total of eight (8) sessions of the Resilience Knowledge Exchange Series otherwise referred to as RKES.
Although each RKES tackled different topics or subject matter, all sessions aimed to increase the resilience and capacity building of RILHUB communities and partners. To continue learning and the exchange of best practices, organizations and agencies outside RILHUB’s founding organizations were also engaged. Among valued RILHUB collaborations and partnerships in 2020 include the following organizations and agencies:
- Department of Health
- Marikina City Local Government, Metro Manila
- Malabon City Local Government, Metro Manila
- United Architects of the Philippines – Emergency Architects
- Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA)
- Valenzuela City Local Government, Metro Manila
- Quezon City Local Government, Metro Manila
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and the DSWD Disaster Response Management Bureau
- Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Local Government Academy
- Office of Civil Defense (OCD)
- Bago City Local Government, Negros Occidental
- Plan International
- Asmae Association Soeaur Emmanuelle
- Kanlungan sa Er-Ma Ministries
- Redemptorist Church
- UP Philippine General Hospital
- Barangay 28 Local Government, Caloocan City, Metro Manila
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Pambansang Koalisyon ng Kababaihan sa Kanayunan (PKKK)
From June of 2020, the RILHUB online community has now grown to over 2,ooo individuals. RILHUB is incredibly grateful to all the organizations, agencies, and communities who became a part of the RILHUB community in one way or the other. This year, we look forward to strengthening existing and forging newer partnerships as we continue striving to become an accessible and engaging platform that advocates for resilience and integrated risk management to build the resilience and capacity-building efforts of its partners and communities.